SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
roger505

Help on Pre emergent timing!

Roger505
10 years ago

Hello everyone! I'm in North Carolina and completely started over in the fall with tall Fescue

(See Original Lawn thread at the bottom)

I am still fairly new to lawn care schedules & wasent even thinking about pre emergent yet because we had like 6 inches of snow on the ground last week! However today was 70 & I am leaving out of the country for 2 weeks on Saturday. I'm freaking out a bit about what to do because I don't want to miss my application window. I haven't ordered one of the good pre emergents yet so if I want to put anything down before I leave it will be from a big box store. I tested the soil today with a digital meat thermometer and its reading 50-51 deg which is pretty close to application temp I believe.

So my options are
1.) Get the best pre emergent I can find locally and apply before I leave (Lowes or HD will probably be my only options as I will be at work 8-5 until I leave)

2.) Order something good online like Dimension or Barricade and apply when I return back (March 9th).

P.S. I also have some small Henbit in some areas I would like to apply post emergent to before they really start growing. I bought some Spectracide concentrate online that contains 2-4-D, Dicamba, & MCPP. Should I also apply this now ?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help & advise!

Roger

Here is a link that might be useful: Original Lawn Thread

Comments (15)