SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
djscrapbooks

Newbie-Teacup birdfeeder?

djscrapbooks
16 years ago

First, I've been lurking on the GJ forum for weeks and can't get enough! I usually am checking on the compost, veggie, fruit, and square foot gargening forums, but this place is THE best!

I haven't installed my digital camera on this computer since my last one crashed, but will do so soon now that the kids are out of school!

I have already completed my first tipsey pots thanks to you people.. on a piece of iron that has been beside our patio for years (dh was"going to just cut it", well, 4 years later it's still there and I made use of it! LOL!!)

I just wanted to add my 2 cents on the tea cup bird feeders. My mother gave us some for Christmas 2 years ago. They each had words on the cups (peace, love, hope, etc. I got Peace on my cup) and she mounted it on a copper tube so we could just stick it in the ground. The thing I wanted to share was the little poem she attached, which read:

Your feathered friends could use a rest

A dainty teacup would be the best

A cup of water; a plate of seed

A tiny perch is all they need.

A pretty spot with lots of flowers

You'll be entertained for hours!

I'm not sure if she found the poem somewhere, or wrote it herself, but my guess is she wrote it! She's good like that :)

And now to my question...I have a chandelier sitting in the cellar (dh "is going to hang it in the dining room"....3 years later, "I'M" going to make a bird feeder out of it! I have my teacups ready to go, I was just wondering if there was any special trick to taking the wiring out? Just go for it? LOL!! I don't want to break it, but can't wait to do this project!

Also, I have planted in shoes before (long time ago!) and am planning on doing that again. Just wanted to say thanks to the poster who shared the pic with the garden sign saying "welcome to the garden of lost soles" or something similar! I'm taking that idea for mine :)

I have read and seen so much and am SO inspired! Thanks to all! And, I hope to share pics soon!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida