FIND PROFESSIONALS
SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
peachesandcream2008

Variegated Swedish Ivy Help

Variegated Swedish Ivy Help

I have Swedish ivy plants. They grew beautifully outside all summer under the deck. I brought the plants indoors for the winter prob. around the beginning of Oct. Most of the plants where placed on a radiant heated floor and one was set on a box. I checked the plants for water and watered them when the soil was dry. Before I water any of my plants I let the water sit and adjust to room temperature. Some of the plants werenÂt getting any light except for what it got from the indoor lights. The other plants where getting bright indirect light that was coming in through the windows. The longer they where inside the tips of them started turning brown and it started going down the stem kind of like tip die back would do on a tropical hibiscus. I have already lost all of my cuttings but one and now I only have the big plant and that one left. I moved the big plant off of the radiant heated floor and onto a dresser where it gets bright indirect light. I also trimmed the dying branches off of the plant back to new growth on the 26 of Oct. but the browning of the stems still persists. I tried taking new cuttings from the plant but most of them are doing the same thing. The cuttings looked good when I took them. I started misting the plant too. The cutting that I did have left from outside I placed in front of a window but it lost all of its leaves and kind of looks like it went dormant. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Comments (2)