SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbrock183

Help - peace lilly - funeral basket

jbrock183
12 years ago

Please Help! My grandmother recently passed away and among the plants I took home from the funeral was a peace lilly which was in a basket with other plants (which I will mwntion and ask about soon). The peace lilly eventually had droopy leaves that have turned into an ugly shade of wilted green and dried brown. To save the other plants I removed the peace lilly and later placed in a window after cutting off all the leaves within 2 inches from the roots. Can I save this plant? Please tell me its possible.

Other plants in the basket (and another) were what I "believe to be a spider plant??? Paradise palm? Philodendron, dieffenbachia, croton, ivy, and syngonium. Some look over watered and some appear to be drying out. They are all young plants. Do I need to repot each og them individually? Should I keep some of them together? What size of pots should I start them out in???

I know nothing about house plant care. What can I do?

Also, I have a rubber tree plant (also from the funeral). Beautiful with lots of leaves at first. But now most of the leaves have fallen off except for a couple smaller shoots with beautiful growing leaves. It has 3 thick stems/branches now bare of any leaves. What do I do about this rubber tree plant?

Please help me!

Comments (14)