SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Starlight Garden Stakes

jeannespines
15 years ago

DH & I made these "starlight" garden stakes for our first day of Farmer's Market this season. First of all, we had 10 white metal rails that we had bought for a home project and then didn't use them...so decided to re-cycle. This is the bottom view...bought greenplastic/rubber fence stakes at Menards and cut them in 12" pieces (they stick into the ground)...a 7 ft. stake costs $3.79:

{{gwi:145036}}

We had scraps of left-over pcs of wood from deck rails... so DH cut roof angle & drilled hole in bottom for metal rails...I painted and drilled a small faux hole to look like a birdhse...drilled tiny hole in those "glow-in-the-dark" stars & used gold nails to attach...and painted with white & then 2 shades of green. DH made roofs out of scrap lumber:

{{gwi:145037}}

And here's the full view..some ugly winter kill on the bushes in the background:

{{gwi:145039}}

These are standing in a small bucket of sand (for display)but I think just one alone will be cute among my flowers!

As we were making these, I was thinking that these white metal rails were reasonable (on sale) for $1.49 ea...maybe they would make a great "flower stem" for "glass flowers!"...and also the green flexible stakes might be of some use for those of you who make glass flowers.

Just wanted to share.... Jeanne S.

Comments (23)