SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
buckeye_brian

What goes next to what????

buckeye_brian
16 years ago

I haven't planted a garden in 4-yrs. My mind is "very rusty." I know you can't plant some things near other things because of diseases and cross pollination.

I remember the crop rotation stuff...just the planting has me bewildered; and it makes me madd as well. I have been involved in raising gardens since I little kid at home. I come here because my dad would "laugh me to scorn" if I asked him. Plus when he comes over this summer...I don't want to listen to the ridicule for hours & hours ...

I am planting corn, bush beans, tomatoes, sweet / hot peppers, broccoli, cabbage, zucchini, cuccumber, pumkin, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, onions, etc, etc...basic "traditional" veggie garden.

I also have never done herbs. I am building an herb garden (raised bed) for my wife. Is there "set rules" that apply to them as well?

Like I said...I am rusty! I had all this down at one time but it is fuzzy in my cranuim. I am drawing my garden out and do not want to but the Hot peppers next to my cherry tomatoes (again); those where "SPICY!"

Thanks ahead of time...

Gob Bless;

Brian

Comments (8)