SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Old Barnwood Colonial Birdhouse & Windowbox

jeannespines
12 years ago

I think I showed you this pic of a Colonial birdhse in March...got it for $10 at a TS & mounted it in the lily garden:

{{gwi:135329}}

DH took the pattern & built 2 more which I got painted a week or so ago ... & also I had torn out a pic of a "shutter" windowbox from a magazine...so he built the box out of old barnwood & we attached a GS shutter...think it will look great w/flowers & vines! Both the birdhse sold FMrkt!

{{gwi:144591}}

{{gwi:144593}}

Cold, rainy, windy, 40's here today...ugh...no flower or veggie planting today! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (8)

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

So cute Love them!!!

• excessfroufrou
    12 years ago

That birdhouse is darling, it's great how the stenciled windows make it look so real. The shutter window box is too cute also. I have the same table and chairs on my porch, how weird is that. You all are so darn talented, I always enjoyed your pix and wonderful ideas.
    Frou

• luna_llena_feliz
    12 years ago

Great job on both projects! Now if your colonial had those big pillars in the front, it would be just like my mother's favorite style house. You and your husband sure come up with great stuff. I wish I lived close by so I could go to your booth at the farmers market. Or maybe it's a good thing I don't because I'd be broke (but you'd be rich)!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I'm with Luna, you'd be getting all my money if I could get to your booth. LOL.
    That shutter box is my favorite, tho everything is great.
    As always from you!

hugs, Karen

• marylee_2010
    12 years ago

Jeanne, everything looks great. I also love the shutter flower box. I have some shutters. I might try my hand at making a flower box. Thank you for sharing.
    Marylee

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

It's all nice, you really do come up with great projects.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Wow...love the birdhouses and the planter box too! The only problem is I couldn't have parted with them. TFS!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, GJers...

marlene...I know what you mean about parting w/birdhses...cause the TS one is not nearly heavy-duty like the good ol' barnwood that DH builds!

I may use the window box myself...I'm bringing to FM just to see if there's an interest. LOL! And today I saw a wren come out of the red barnwood house in the 1st pic...they are nesting!

And I wish you GJers lived closer...to visit FMrkt & my gardens! One gal came up to me last season at FMrkt & called me by my GJ name, "jeannespines"...she had seen some of my GJ on our forum! Thanks, gals! Jeanne S.