SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Bears, Bears Everywhere!

kirkus
16 years ago

{{gwi:144279}}

Several GardenWeb Junk friends have made mention of my bears in my yard... thought it would be fun to post them! I could have just posted a link for the bears but each bear has a story to tell!

This is Bart. He's a chainsaw bear. A student was moving to California and his family didn't want to take him. I was gifted this beautiful bear! He sits at the top of our road coming in. I decorate him for the holidays and special events like the recent birth of our son!

{{gwi:144280}}

{{gwi:144281}}

The family also gave me my Sweeper Bear (I added the broom for fun!) and the chainsaw eagle you might have seen in my other garden pictures. The eagle isn't a bear but he's part of the story!

{{gwi:144282}}

{{gwi:144283}}

{{gwi:144284}}

This bear is called Bryce Bear, because a student named Bryce and his Grandpa made him for me out of recycled materials. (The old pump and bucket were given to me by my brother when I helped him run a garage sale and didn't want payment. I'm going to plant Geraniums in the bucket which has holes in the bottom! The pump doesn't have a handle, but it's still cool! Should I paint it?)

{{gwi:144285}}

This little, carved bear I got at a garage sale for 50 cents. I placed it on my rustic fence. It says "Redwood Forest Souvenir" on the bottom. Wish I could find more.

{{gwi:144287}}

{{gwi:140429}}

I call this bear, "Love bears all things." He is my Easter Bear because he looks like he is carrying a cross. My wife bought him for me for my birthday from the woodcarver down the road..

{{gwi:144288}}

She also bought me this bear which sits on our front porch. I call it Honey Bear because my wonderful wife bought it on the anniversary of our honeymoon when we went for a weekend trip. We always take a mini-vacation each year on our honeymoon anniversary. A special time...a special bear.

{{gwi:144289}}

This is Monkey Bear, because I think he looks monkeyish. I received him from an elderly friend I helped in organizing and running her garage sale. Again, I didn't want payment so she bought me Monkey Bear. He's much better than any payment!

{{gwi:144290}}

Finally, these 3 bears were gifted from students. The Welcome Bear was given to us on our wedding day by a student. (I invited my whole class to our wedding!) The black bear was given to me last year by my class. (I cried!) The cement bear was a gift from another student. I cried again! (Oh, the shoes in the picture belong to our daughters. Every family member has a pair of shoes in my gardens!)

{{gwi:144291}}

{{gwi:144292}}

{{gwi:144293}}

I hope I didn't bore you with my stories and my looooong posting! I love my bears and their histories! I hope you enjoyed seeing my critters! Have a BEARY nice day! Kirk

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths