SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jharks1979

Blueberry bush questions, please help.

jharks1979
14 years ago

I want to plant blueberry bushes, not only for the fruit, but for privacy. Every site I look at provides heights, but never widths. Height isn't the problem, b/c most reach 6 feet high(=good for privacy), I'm going to use them in rows along 2 stone block fence sides (to block view of yard), so I need to know widths (so I can buy the proper quantity and plan accordingly). Is it safe to assume that the height the shrub will be, will also be it's height? some say upright variety, does the mean the width will be half the height?

Have asked on the sites I'm interested in buying from and 1 site has said that they are not sure of the widths!!? I mean your selling them and you don't know?! Does anyone know anything about blueberry types? I'm in zone 9 (desert,summer-highs: 100+ daily, lows: mid 50's-low 60's, get hard freeze occasionally in the winter, mostly above freezing to the mid 30's, mainly around 40 low, full sun sites), so low chill hours, southern highbush. California so my shipping options are limited, most won't ship here, so I have 2 sites I'm looking at. Thank you.

Comments (4)