SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

my fairy garden and some totems

Purplemoon
15 years ago

I took some new photos of my Fairy Garden on my back patio, and the brick planter that runs along the patio too. Have some of my totems in it. Instead of doing "dial up death" here, if you want to see the 6 pictures I added, here's the link to my yard album. I had some new stuff to add to my fairy garden since last year's photos of it. Mostly GW finds. A tiny table with a tea set, stone patio furniture, a funky purple tree, that is made with wrapped duct tape and painted, with jewels hanging on it. Two new fairys, one a shelf sitter so she was perfect to sit on the stone bench. The other is petting a wh rabbit and by the mini tea setting.

My totems aren't new, but I put them in the brick planter instead of scattered around. Tho my two cobalt ones are still out in the gnomes garden. I finally found some tea pots so next totem I make will be with them.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Fairy Garden and Totem planter

Comments (15)

• luna_llena_feliz
    15 years ago

Wow, you sure have some beautiful totems! Am I crazy or is our fascination with fairies and the like kind of like women playing with dolls? Once I get a yard, I would like to have a fairy garden. I get all excited when I see some awesome fairies and then I start thinking of fairy houses and fairy furniture. Heck throw in little fairy knicknacks and fairy pets too. I can see it becoming addicting! Very cute and lovely stuff you have Karen. It is a good thing I don't live nearby or I'd might try to slip some of those bunnies in my purse! he-he I especially love the big cast iron looking one in one photo (and I probably have a purse big enough to fit in in!).

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, Luna. That big dark bunny came from Target, he's some kind of stone material. I just love him since he's actually a HARE. (long ears)
    Yes, Fairy gardens are very addictive I think. But not sure it's like playing with dolls. At least for me, I never liked dolls as a kid cause I preferred being outside and with animals. I think as we grow older tho, we all need a bit of magic in our lives. And nothing is more magical than a Fairy Garden. I've always liked miniature things too, so this really makes it fun to find stuff for mine.
    hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Purplemoon - The brick planter with your totems is my favorite! Looks very classy! Great garden decor! Enjoy! Jeanne S.

• Bright199
    15 years ago

Karen, I have always loved your fairy garden. You have some wonderful additions. That purple tree is the greatest. I love the way you lined up your totems too. What is the copper one?

• caroleena
    15 years ago

beautiful! love the totems

• ladyamity
    15 years ago

I too love totems!
    And fairies, I've been looking lately at fairy doors and such but coming up with a place to put the set-up is a bit difficult.

Loved looking at your photos, all the detail you put into everything !

Oh dear. I'm new here and I can already see how my evenings are going to be spent...going through photos for hours because the creativity on this board is amazing!

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Bright, the copper thing is a yard stake from Big Lots. It has a copper butterfly on it, but they had others. And with different colored glass orbs in them.
    Amity, Welcome to the Junk Gang. We've all been where you are, spending hours and days and weeks going thru old photos and posts. And compiling Too Long To Do Lists from all the great ideas. You can make a small fairy garden in a terra cotta saucer or large pot. Like the pot in the back of mine. It has 3 fairies and a glass unicorn in it. That was the start of me making a fairy garden in fact.
    Did you check our Inspiration Album? Quite a few fairy gardens in there too. Right now I've got 350 photos uploaded to that album, will keep adding more from this Forum or anywhere I see something neat.

hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: GJ Inspiration Album

• ladyamity
    15 years ago

Purplemoon,

Thank you for the sweet welcome!

And thank you so much for that link. What a wonderful compilation of art---just amazing!

Just as I expected, I was still up looking at the GJ Inspiration Album when I noticed the time -- 2:20 A.M. !

I didn't just look at the photos. I enlarged, cropped, magnified just so I could inspect every detail up to page 9. (guess you know what I'll be doing tonight when the family settles in and I have the computer all to myself. LOL)

I had spent the last few weeks reorganizing, pulling out, moving, transplanting, changing focal points and now I have a whole brain full of new ideas thanks to all of you who have posted photos!

I have an album at PhotoBucket but it only includes nicer areas of the gardens.
    Never dreamed anyone would be interested in my camping coffee pot or tennis shoes planters!
    I'll have to start taking new pictures and this time include what I used to think was "my way of saving the landfills and me being thrifty --- and anyway, who wants to see dirty white tennis shoes planted?".

That's what I used to think, now I've found this board!

Also, more about me --- other than a few 4", 6" and 8" clay pots to use as starters, there isn't a pot or plant stand in the backyard that I've ever paid for.
    I love curb shopping!

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Amity, you definitely are fitting right in here. LOL. Tho you may not thank us when all those ideas are racing around your head and you want to do everything that inspired you.
    Brain overload. LOL. You sound like a super curb shopper.
    Please do take yard photos and share with us.
    Also be sure you check on the Conversation side of this forum where we do a lot a chatting about other stuff and personal things, so we don't clog up this side and save it for the actual GJ stuff.
    Glad you are enjoying the album. I didn't want our photos dropping off these pages and disappearing, so this way they are preserved for as long as Photobucket is there. I do encourage others to copy and save any special ones tho, just in case. Trouble is, they are ALL special to me. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• holliewould
    15 years ago

Wow karen! Simply gorgeous. And inspirational. I can't wait to get started on a fairy garden. :)

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH ! ! !
    Purple moon..............Ms Karen......
    When the world is crashing in around...me.....
    I L@@K at
    your faily land pics......
    I go on a little trip to see you there
    ...... it warms my soul to see the special
    little places....
    the special little treasures....
    the delightful pictures that you send a
    just
    wonderful for me to L@@K at ! ! !
    Thanks for
    being such a SPECIAL LADY ! ! !
    and for
    sharing......
    God BLESS !
    Your GJ Friend....
    SusieSunshine

• prosperity66
    15 years ago

Karen, your garden is so beautiful. I'm unable to find the right words to tell you how impressed I am (especially in English)!!!!

Just one question: between your table settings, your holiday settings, your shopping, your dogs and cats, your inspiration album to update, your way to always think to the others and take care of them... and now, after having seen your wonderful fairy garden, WHEN DO YOU SLEEP???????

I too am inspired!

Congrats!

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Prosp, nice to see you HERE! You are such a joy over on Holidays. To answer your one question, I don't sleep. LOL. Which isn't by choice. I am doing GOOD if I am able to go to sleep before 3am. This last week I had 3 "nights" where it was dawn when I finally went to sleep.
    I never get more than 4 hours at a time. If I didn't have to get up by 10am to fix my Dad's breakfast and feed the dogs and cats, I'd probably sleep great ALL morning. LOL.
    This darn Fibromyalgia would like me to stay up all night and sleep all day. Unfortunately Life makes sleeping all day impossible. I haven't made any true garden junk in a long time, rarely can get out to shop any more. So doing the Inspiration albums for GJ and Holidays is pretty much the only way I feel like I can contribute anything for my invisible friends to enjoy. I feel like an Impostor here at times tho, no realizes what a "vegetable" I really am.
    I am truly inspired by so much wonderful stuff on here but to actually DO it generally seems so impossible these days.
    I'll keep hoping, keep being inspired, and keep loving everyone for making my nights the best they can be.

hugs, Karen

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Oh, I LOVE that you did a whole planter for your totems. What a wonderful idea! They're beautiful! It was fun to see ALL your photos.

• prosperity66
    15 years ago

Oh yes, Karen, I forgot to mention your Dad!

Well, I'd say that after all what you do for everyone, while veggies are beautiful and useful, you are one of the greatest real human beings I know and you deserve a star on the walk of fame!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting