SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sweets98

So how do you make a bunch of junk look presentable? LOL

sweets98
16 years ago

Our yard is pretty well picked up. The only bad spot is this area beside the shed. It's the spot where the stuff we don't know what to do with ends up. We added on to the shed two years ago to make room for the lawn stuff but we keep adding too fast! LOL We just bought a four wheeler so it now goes in the front of the shed where the lawn mower was and the riding mower is in back with the pressure washer, push mower, weed eater, garden tools and broadcast spreader are all shoved around it. There is no where to put the lawn mower cart or wheelbarrow or saw horses now so they sit alongside the shed.

The area beside the shed is also where we keep the garbage cans. We have four, mind you. We use three regularly and the fourth is there just in case we have extras! LOL

There is also a large wood pile. My father brought us pieces from an old deck he tore apart to put in a new for his job, thinking we could use the lumber to build a deck that summer. We did build a new deck but smaller than orginally planned. DH and I have kept the lumber around to use with other projects. It's been used slower than I thought! LOL

I just want to clean it all up! My first thought was to get a section of privacy fence and put up beside the shed to hide the mess from the road. However, this area is the only space we have to drive into the back yard if we need to. And I know in a little while, DH is getting a small trailer to put the four wheeler on to haul it. So I suggested making the fence into a door but he can't see into it..thinks it will sag and he needs more posts than he should, etc.

I want to restack the board pile so it's not as spread out from digging in it. I want to get rid of the extra stuff that's not being used or isn't needed. I want to paint this side of the shed because it badly needs it and I can't get in to do it normally. Then I thought if I found some garden junk to hang on this side like I did everywhere else, maybe I will like it. I even thought about staining the sawhorses to keep them safe from the elements and sitting my one flower box on top to pretty them up when they're not in use! LOL

I know it's probably hard to help without photos but I haven't taken any because, well, it's a mess! LOL Maybe later...if I get brave. Do you guys have areas like that? How do you handle them and make them fit in with the rest of your yard and gardens?

Comments (8)