SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

My Turn - Pics and Link

ladyamity
15 years ago

Between Friday, Saturday and tonight I've been back to page 34 of this forum (and still have more to go!) - reading, getting to know the most creative people, looking at spectacular photos and following links.

Purplemoon, with her kind welcome to the board, had asked me about photos.

Tonight I thought it was only fair, since I've been looking at so many of yours, that I post some photos of my garden areas.

Keep in mind I am in the middle of reorganizing, transplanting, moving plants/planters/plant stands and all of my other garden treasures so I haven't taken recent pictures but what I have are from about a month ago.

I don't buy 'new' if I can help it --- planters, plant stands and any other garden decor has been either found while curb shopping or purchased cheaply at Yard Sales, Estate Sales, Goodwill or Salvation Army.

Most of my Iron pieces ( I love Iron pieces of any kind! Oh, and Rabbit statuary!) were found objects that were broken --had a broken area near a joint where a little weld fixed it right up.

I decorate with a lot of rock. They make great lifts and levels for raising pots and other garden treasures.

As I get things in order/transplanted/moved to their rightful place, I'll post more photos as I go along.

Thank you all who have posted photos of your incredible garden art and garden treasures.

I now have so much new inspiration I don't know where to begin first! LOL

Here are a couple pics and a link (I think) to my PhotoBucket.

Birdcage Planter.

Rusted out floor of birdcage, used sheet of acrylic and made new floor.

Some of the bars of the cage are broken but the fern filled up the cage and you can't even see the broken bars.

The back left leg of the cage was broken off so I used a planter/plant as a 'leg' and wedged up the birdcage.

{{gwi:140442}}

Very Old Planter.

Glass shelf was missing on the bottom-used a piece of acrylic and made new shelf.

A couple legs are broken, using wood blocks to stabilize the planter for now.

There was no bottom in the top basket so I criss-crossed heavy wire then laid a piece of acrylic on the wire.

Since most plants on the bottom shelf would get water-logged from watering the top basket, I filled the bottom shelf with a Bunny Painting on thick plywood, sprayed with 3 coats of clear sealer.

It's been almost 5 years now and the criss-cross wire and acrylic and the Bunny painting have held up well.

{{gwi:140443}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to my PhotoBucket album

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH