SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kendal_gw

Turning a kitchen island into potting bench

kendal
15 years ago

I had put my kitchen island up for sale on Craigslists because we moved into a new house that had a nice big built in one, and I needed a potting bench to put in the utility/laundry room. It's a nice big room, half of it is for the W/D and the other side I'm turning into my indoor potting room. I so needed this, and while I still need/want an outdoor garden shed I needed something to use now. I do Bonsai and much of my stock it ready to prune. When we moved I had a dozen or so tree's to move. From my 4 foot by 5 foot Japanese maple up to my 16 foot leyland cypress, still not moved.

It dawned on my that I had a sort of potting bench already, my kitchen island so I took it off the for sale list and rolled it into my garden room. This is a picture, and I still have some fixing up to do, more shelves above it and decorate it up with what I can find to make it a cool looking room, a place to work on my Bonsai during bad weather or start my veggie seeds in the late winter, and too keep this green thumb happy all year long. I have those 3 4 by 8 foot white lattice, and I have a 4 by 8 foot cedar one I was thinking about attaching behind the island or rather my new potting bench to hang stuff on. It's already too white so I think I will put the wood one up or else paint the vinyl lattice another color.

Image link: {{!gwi}}

Comments (15)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES