SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blameitontherain

Could Anyone Help with Ideas for Breaking the Ice?

14 years ago

Hello.

This might be my very first post here, but I do "visit" y'all often (sounds much more pleasant than the sinister, "lurk", yes?).

I am planning a surprise birthday trip for my long time SO. His family and mine will be meeting for the very first time (hard to believe, after so many years) and I thought it would be a nice way to break any ice and foster family relationships if we were to complete a garden junk project together.

You have such tremendous ideas and talents on this forum and I so hope you can help come up with an idea or two for a suitable project! Fair warning: Your thinking caps will be put to heavy use. Are you ready for a challenge? If so, here are the limitations:

1. All of us will be travelling, some via air, so the project can't be too heavy or large or frightfully fragile (bowling balls and glass totems would be a no go).

2. It's a surprise for my darlin', so I can't bring much, if anything, in the way of supplies. A special tube of glue would be fine and maybe my one glue gun.

3. Everything for the project would need to be easily found in a small town. Think less-than-fully-stocked hardware store versus a Michael's.

4. There will be about 20 of us, all adults, about 50/50 gender mix, so the project should steer clear of anything too kiddie/cute-sie.

5. The projects would need to be completed in 2 or 3 days.

6. The trip is my treat and will about max out my resources, so supplies need to be fairly inexpensive as well as readily available. For example, I can bring my glue gun, but couldn't spring for glue guns for all. ("Waiter, a round of glue guns for me and my men!").

Whew. Has anyone seen the show, Dinner Impossible? This is beginning to look like Project Impossible.

The good news: We'll be on the Oregon coast, so shells, pebbles and other beach-y stuff will be plentiful and free. Two of us are professional artists (photographers) and at least one more is immensely talented, so if there is a tricky step or two, the "pro's" should be able to handle it.

Okay, that's about it. Any takers? Pretty please with a sweet pea on top?

Rain

Comments (7)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH