SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cabrita_gw

offer of artichoke seeds for SASE

cabrita
15 years ago

Artichokes are not only my favorite vegetable, they are my favorite food...so I feel very fortunate I have enough artichoke seeds that I could plant all along the Pacific ocean I think. Maybe I should?

OK, seriously, they are freshly harvested seeds, Globe green, obtained at a local farmer's market as seedlings (3 or 4 years ago), never been exposed to pesticides or chemical fertilizers. They are sprouting like they think they will go out of style. I cannot possibly plant all of those and have been harvesting and transplanting volunteers a lot. We wanted to change their location so we let two or 3 plants go to seeds. Beautiful thistles! blue violet color. They are very handsome plants and do take some space. The year before last we harvested about 50 artichokes from two plants. That was when artichoke raviolis were created (yum...)

In any case, if you want any seeds, send me a self addressed stamped envelope and I will put in one ounce (or whatever postage you put in the stamp) with seeds. Send me an email and I will give you my address. This way maybe there will be more artichokes in the world, always a good thing.

Comments (12)