SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luna_llena_feliz

Madison Thrift Store & Easter Weekend Finds

luna_llena_feliz
15 years ago

Last weekend I went to Madison, WI for a gourd workshop at the annual Wisconsin Gourd Society's gourd festival. My girlfriend and I usually go and take a class on how to do something to a gourd. This year it was pyrography carving.

The class wasn't until Saturday and we went Friday and stayed Friday night. So what do 3 junkers (my Bob came with us) do in a town they are visiting? Why they go to second hand stores, of course! Here are some things I found along with stuff I bought this weekend too.

I collect miniature chairs. Right now they are being stored away but one day I plan to decorate a wall with them. I found one bentwood chair and these cute finds at a thrift store in Madison. I want to turn the doll into a fairy. She was only $1 so I thought she was cheap enough to be experimented on. he-he

{{gwi:136268}}

Here is the same chair sporting a cute little angel. The little angel on the doll's lap also sits on the edge of a surface. The little teapot has a tiny teddy bear family in it. I am going to put it in my mother's nursing home room. I have it decorated like a little garden with pretty silk flowers everywhere and little garden knicknacks. The tiny birdbath is caste iron and so is the lady bug. The caste iron birdbath wasn't cheap ... it was $11.99 at an antique store but I couldn't pass it up. The lady bug was only $3.

{{gwi:136269}}

It was hard getting a good picture to show off this little pot with frogs as "legs." I have the start of a collection of frogs and thought this piece would fit right in. The lady bug tealight holder is caste iron and I believe it fits over a jar or something.

{{gwi:136270}}

Last but not least ... I couldn't pass up this Pterodactyl. I thought of hanging it on my balcony (I have a weird collection of stuff hanging from the ceiling on the balcony). He also makes a noise when you move his neck or press a button on his back. (I know, I'm weird!)

{{gwi:136271}}

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz