SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angels_quest

Cheese plant-Monstera leave splits?

angels-quest
17 years ago

Ok, I'm sorry to be a pain, but am learning sooo much from you all :)

My youngish Cheese plant, I guess it's about 2ft high.Was bought for me, i guess about a month ago now.

I had to remove some very badly damaged leaves:(

But,it had from the day I was bought it a rolled up,lighter green split leaf, which still has not unfurled.Is that normal to take so long?

I had to repot it when I got it, I know it's not the done thing...but if you had seen the pot the poor thing was in, I couldn't leave it.

What confuses me though, is in all the books I've read it say's the cheese plants leaves only split once they are mature.But if this leaf hasn't unfurled yet, then it is obviously a new one...which leads me to , so how come it is split?

Does that make sense? It just confused me!! It has new leaves growing from the base, these are all small & heart shaped, no splits, as I expected. Just couldn't work out the 'new' curled split leaf? Basically, my thirst for knowledge is becoming a pain again, and it is bugging me that i dont understand!!

Lastly, is there a way to get replies sent from this forum to me via email? Other groups i belong to, you can do this...but haven't had any luck with this one. I just wondered if it was me? It is just that because replies are not being sent to me, i forget which topics i have asked questions on, or replied too, and dont want folk to think I'm ignoring them, because I've forgotton to check each topic!

Maybe it's the same for everyone, needed to ask though!

Ok, I'm seriously being a pain now...so off I go to bed!

Thank you in advance for any help & advice you can give to this mad Brit

Hugs,

Mandy (UK)

Comments (25)