SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grandmathyme

Musings on my latest potential creation

grandmathyme
14 years ago

I bought I garden chipper yesterday and it came packed in these BIG chunks of styrofoam. As I was taking a break from chipping, I wandered through some garden forums. On what I believe was the mosaic forum, I was quite impressed to see people were mosaicing on styrofoam. A few threads later, I came upon a discussion of fairy houses in the garden.

Putting 2 and 2 together, I got this inspiration to make a fairy house out of concreted and mosaic'd styrofoam. I'm talking maybe a 3-4 foot tall fairy house with spires and crooked windows.

I then googled fairy houses and was pleased to find lots of ideas. So, I'm busy sketching out ideas and letting my imagination go WILD. What do you all think? Doesn't a garden need a fairy house? ...right next to a bottle tree?

Poor hubby...NOW I'll be out begging for and bringing home big chunks of styrofoam and stacking THAT up in the garage until I get enough to make my fairy house. He's learning...He merely looked at me quizzically when he saw yesterday's blue bottles soaking in the kitchen sink!

Any suggestions, creative input or websites would be greatly appreciated!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!