SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindasewandsew

Any Ideas for Backyard Slope

lindasewandsew
15 years ago

Today we cleared most of the awful stuff from our slope. It used to look nice when I spent 2 hours a day on it, but turned into plumbago hell about 10 yrs ago. A guy is coming over this week to start working on it. We were going to terrace the whole thing, but it's pretty steep, with some areas too steep to walk on. It's 60'x27'. Now we're thinking of doing switchback trails (like they build roads on the side of a mountain) and building a bench at the top, where the view is nice. We'll try to keep the pencil tree, pyracantha, and a few other large plants if it works out, and will plant succulents and cactus on most of it. We have broken cement, bricks, etc. from curb shopping and our former pool decking. I've been working on curb shopped fence boards for a long time and hope to get them installed onto the chain link in the next several months. I'd like to get some ideas or photos if anyone has any. Yup, that's me sitting at the bottom. Nope, the back yard isn't very big. DH took the photo from the roof, lol. Linda

{{gwi:130131}}

Comments (25)