SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fruitnut_gw

Sensational Honey Blaze nectarine; world's best fruit!!

Fruit lovers everywhere should do whatever necessary to grow one of the Honey series of low acid, yellow fleshed nectarines from Zaiger. I have Honey Blaze, Honey Kist, and Honey Royale. They are all sensational when properly grown. Just ate the last Blaze from one of my potted trees. They have been much easier for me to grow in pots than in the ground. I'm closer to having the water level right for the in-ground trees and the fruit of Blaze and Kist off those trees was very good to mostly great to sensational. In pots I just water once a day and the fruit is unbelieveable.

In the past Honey Royale, the latest of the ones I have, has been my favorite of the three, it's not ripe yet. Blaze and Kist mature at almost the same time and I think Blaze may be a little better but I probably couldn't tell them apart without the label.

These are the finest fruit I've ever eaten. I don't think you will be disappointed if you try one. They are listed as 1000 chill hrs. But they're not that high. They bloomed outside in my climate with maybe 500hrs this winter. Haven't fruited them outside but hope to next yr.

Even if you have to grow them in a pot and move them inside for the winter. Try these if you want to try the world's best fruit. Your mileage may vary!!

The Fruitnut

Comments (18)