SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ruthieg__tx

My beautiful garden

ruthieg__tx
15 years ago

that you all have seen so neat and tidy, never anything out of place...no grass or anything to worry about...is now a disaster...but you know what...It is horrible to look at...I mean there are weeds waist tall...but there are so many things that are producing like crazy that it is mind boggling..The tomatoes that I planted this spring are loaded down and still producing tomatoes...they are usually gone by August...my fall tomatoes are heavy with ripe tomatoes..theres tons of peppers, the best I've ever grown and lettuce...yes lettuce...and weeds everywhere.

The sad part of this tale is that it is weedy not because I don't care but because I found out a llittle more than two months ago that I have lung cancer....so instead of gardening which I love so much, and which you all have seen pictures of so many times is a mess... I've been busy having 2/3 of my right lung removed and tomorrow is my first visit with the Oncologist....so it's been a busy summer for me...It just didn't include any weeding. My sweet husband who knows nothing about gardening has been turning on my soaker hoses and harvesting veggies for me. It breaks my heart to see all the weeds but I am going to have some help soon cleaning up some of the mess out there...

I hope that by next spring I will be able to do some gardening...Oh and some how or other...I'm going to get out there and plant some onions and garlic between one of my chemo rounds...Cross your fingers for me...

PS...I was just thinking...maybe I can plant some turnips too...some collards....well not this year but hopefully next year...Again cross your fingers on that one.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Caring Bridge Site

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths