SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
threekittens_ia

Garden Shed w barn board siding

13 years ago

Not totally sure this belongs here as its not all old stuff. But a good share of it is.

This shed was built mainly by myself and my 74 y/o dad with some plans I purchased online. My DH also helped some here and there and was a big help at the end with finishing building the trusses and then we could not have gotten the trusses/sheeting up without his help. Only thing we didn't do ourselves is the shingles and that was because we simply ran out of time and needed it done quick before a snowfall came later that week. So hired a guy to shingle it. We started about the 1st of Oct and it was late Nov. or early Dec. the day DH & I put the last battens (little boards between the barn boards) on.

Although it has got new lumber for framing, etc. the siding, windows and door are all salvaged. The siding came from 3 different old farm buildings. The windows also came from one of those buildings and door was $10 from C.L.

This spring I'll add a little porch and a couple of old porch posts my dad already had. And of course flower beds all around it. :)

{{gwi:130335}}

{{gwi:130336}}

{{gwi:130337}}

Can't wait to play with it this spring. Already have it about filled up. :-/

Comments (23)