SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lisa24869

small bamboo and aloe plant

Lisa24869
12 years ago

Hi there, I have a few house plants and most are fine, but a couple aren't doing so great. I have a few shoots of bamboo in a little pot with rocks (that's how it came) and one of the shoots has turned yellow with black spots. Some of the other shoots aren't doing so great either. I've had it a long time, I used to live in a basement and it did okay there but this happened to a shoot there as well. Now i'm above ground and had it in a window with indirect sun so I'm not sure where to put it; with no sun exposure it didn't do well and with only indirect sun exposure it's not doing well. I was told it didn't need any sun at all. And I'm keeping it very hydrated because I was also told to do that.....any thoughts?

Also, I bought a small aloe plant a little while ago and when I got it home I realized that the roots weren't embedded in the soil. So I just packed it in with a bit of extra soil and watered it once a week like I was told. But it's sort of brownish and doesn't look so great, so I'm wondering if there's something I should be doing.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Lisa.

Comments (2)