SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Touching Garage Sale Christmas Gifts from my 7 Year Old Daughter

kirkus
16 years ago

I was so touched and surprised by what my 7 year old daughter gave me for Christmas. You may have read my posts where my daughter and I go garage saling on Saturday mornings in the summer. It's our special time.

She bought me these two, hand-carved dogs for Christmas at a garage sale. I read my favorite book to her at bedtime this past year, Where the Red Fern Grows, and she told me the dogs reminded her of Old Dan and Little Ann in the story. I cried when she told me that!

{{gwi:128392}}

My daughter knows I love bears (Who doesn't know? LOL), nature, and anything made from wood. She found this bear (made from Mt. St. Helen's ash) and a small, wooden bowl at one of the garage sales we went to. I never saw her buy any of this. Sneaky girl! She found the bird's nest on one of our nature walks in our woods. I love it.

{{gwi:128393}}

Had to share my gifts. They were each wrapped in colorful, crayon-colored paper she made, using LOTS of tape! Gifts from the heart. I will treasure these gifts always. What a sweetie! Bear Hugs! Kirk

My daughter with the gingerbread house her and I made together:

{{gwi:128394}}

Comments (19)