SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

What are your favorite Christmas memories?

kirkus
15 years ago

Merry Early Christmas, Everyone! Gearing up for Christmas, I wanted to start this post. What are your favorite Christmas memories?

Ill start Every Christmas Eve, my wife and kids take a "Santa Cruise". ItÂs on Lake Coeur d Alene, across the border in Idaho. The cruise is at night and takes us across the lake to SantaÂs Village. ItÂs magical with Christmas music playing on the cruise, drinking hot chocolate When you arrive at SantaÂs Village, the lights are turned off but suddenly music starts playing and the village lights up and you see the whole village from the ship. Then, Santa comes out and reads off childrenÂs names (which you give in advance.) I cry every year as my children are so delighted. It will be so special this year with our little Benjamin who is almost 2. I posted a link to some Santa Cruise pictures I found on-line.

Another special memory I have is from a few years back when we wanted to go to a Christmas Eve service and weÂre way out here in the country. We found a little country church in the wildernessÂthe snow was falling. It was like a scene out of "The Waltons: The Homecoming" as the children of the church recreated the nativity, and we sang Christmas carols and listened to the true Christmas story.

Finally, every Christmas Eve as a boy in the 60Âs, my 3 brothers and I would drive around with my parents in our station wagon looking at Christmas lights and trying to spot SantaÂs sleigh in the sky with Rudolph leading the sleigh. (Back then, there was a local pilot who would fly around with a red light on his plane on Christmas Eve. Of course, we didnÂt know that.) When we returned home, Santa had left his presents and we would open them on Christmas Eve. (I never knew who brought in the presents while we were gone!) The house would be lighted with only Christmas tree lights, Christmas music would be playing, and we would be drinking hot apple cider. Special memories. HereÂs a picture of me as a baby with my parents on Christmas. (I really miss my parents this time of year but have such wonderful, fond memories of them.)

{{gwi:128162}}

So, what are your special Christmas memories? Please share. Bear Hugs! Kirk

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting