SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

10 min/day in an unreasonable manner...

concretenprimroses
14 years ago

I decided In the middle of last week that I had to spend at least 10 min per day furthering a creative project. I had fallen into a funk. When I started saving money years ago I read a book that said to carefully figure out how much you could save everymonth then ... (turn the page) cut that amount in half and that is what you commit to save! I ended up saving more but I knew I only had to save the small amount and for some reason that was very freeing. And during a tough month, I knew I only had to save the small amount. Soo I tried it with my time commitment - Only 10 min. Since then I have completed sewing some new lined curtains for the living room (had the material for months) and broken and shaken 7 dishes for mosaic. The other part of the rule was that although in my case cooking and gardening doesn't count toward the 10 min, it could be an excuse for ONLY spending 10 min.

I'm excited about projects again although still feeling a bit sad at times. Today I'm going to clean off a plastic bird bath I got for a dollar (10 min) and if I feel like it I will cover it with heavy duty tin foil. But I don't have to.

Funny how our brains work. Taking the first step is so important.

kathy

Comments (13)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler