SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

Irene reports: Is eveyone ok?

concretenprimroses
12 years ago

We are fine, just a quite a few small branches in the yard and a lilac's main trunk down. But a few miles away is a lot of destruction from flooding. Our home is on high ground so we were more worried about the wind. We were in the center, apparently, and it was only like a regular storm with lots of rain.

Lots of big and small stores closed along the CT river on the west side of town. Up to 3 feet of water running through the ailes on Sunday. Lots of people out of work. Where the stores are was beautiful farm land when I was a kid. My dad always said it was not a good place to build, but nothing happened for decades until now. (of course its flat a rare thing around here, as well as the crossing of 2 interstate hwys.)

Many homes and businesses lost nearby in VT. And also some destruction to the east of us. I haven't reached a friend out there yet. Lots of phones are out.

I havent' ventured far to see anything for myself. My side of town and where I also work are ok thanks in part to a lot of water being let out of a nearby lake a few days before and in anticipation of the storm. The lake absorbed the water flowing west toward us so it didn't flood the small river that runs through town.

No loss of life in our immediate area.

Kathy

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville