SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rinomanfroni

Tillandsia Bromeliads, how do you water them?

rinomanfroni
13 years ago

I have just received some Tillandsias, or Air Plants, that I bought from a seller in Hawaii on eBay, and I displayed them in this way:

{{gwi:88935}}

The smaller clumps on the side of the hanging pot are those that I received today by mail.

The large clump that I have on the far right is there since March and I bought it at the Home and Garden Show in Dallas, Texas... and I hope I am saving it from drying up because the tips of the leaves were starting to become all brown. I think that spraying these plants is not enough, because they seem to dry up miserably anyway. I think Tillandsias actually require more watering that you would give to a normal house plant!

So how do you grow your Tillandsia? How many days a week do you water them, and for how long? I was thinking of actually soaking these plants every other day in a bucket of water overnight. Would that be good?

Do you also think that the grow light on the top of the wall is enough for my Tillandsias? The plants in the pot are thriving under it, and I hope Tillandsia will like it too!

Thank you for helping me!!!

Rino

Comments (8)