SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susiewantsroses

Celebrating The 4th of July

susiewantsroses
14 years ago

This weekend is the huge 4th of July Celebration in our little village. There will be food, music bands, a parade, D.J. at the pool, jump houses, zip lines, Euro bungie jumping, (cant you just see me upside down in my over-alls) and a Fireworks show over the lake. There is even a booth to get your eyebrows tweezed with thread (stop laughing, it's true). It's called eyebrow threading. It's the newest pain designed for women since "WAXING" (an' I'm not talkin' about the floor). "Come on Hon, I want to get to the "Revolutionary Blast" (that's what they're calling it) so I can be the first in line to get my body hair ripped out while eating a Turkey Leg (which are $5.00 this year)".

Sound great?????? Well, it rained us out for the past two years in a row! The parade doesn't have a marching band. Just a bunch of us goofy types with pinwheels on our heads. However, the fire trucks and police cars are there. They use to really excite me as a kid. Now everytime I hear a police car I wonder how much it's gonna cost me when I pull over.

Oh yeah, LIFE FLIGHT helecopter will also touch down in our park. That is just one more thing that will make my "celebration" complete. Righhhhhhht. (This is just precausionary in case the zip-line breaks when a certain fat 50 year old is on it.)

Both Hubs and I are planning on going this year. I've got the his & her headbands with the pinwheels mounted on springs. I'll get the "forgot to take her meds" stares from the neighbors. That's OK cause I'm planning to slide into home base during my 2nd childhood.

{{gwi:127331}}

{{gwi:127332}}

Comments (10)