SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jitterbug4756

Paul James is not coming..wah wah wah

jitterbug4756
14 years ago

Bout a month ago I posted about the Festival Of Flowers here in Greenwood. Last year Paul James spoke twice @ Park Seed gardens during it, But he didnt stay with us @ the Inn On The Square. He ended up @ a concert on the square, came in our lounge and told us next year he was going to stay with us whaen he came back to speak. I was getting all excited..and bam..no Paul James this year..wah wah.We've been so busy between the Festival, family reunions & weddings Ive been working 60 hour split shifts,(thats why I posting so late) but was just holding on to the fact Id get to see him this year @ the plant sale this Sat..Luckily I did get scheduled off for Sat. day so i can go to the plant sale & all the yard sales..oh wait ,I make the schedule, so I was so nice to let me off!!(I'm service & banquet manager) and threatened everone I work with if they call in sick & I have to come in & work that day Ill hunt them down & kill them...yeah I mean it too..LOL..but sorry for the wrong info I gave to anyone who planned on coming to see him... Ok 1 week to go & maybe I can breath a bit & get out & take some pics & actually see MY garden & finish some of the projects Ive started..before the Festive of Discovery & Kansas City BBQ cookoff contest in July.. I love working that..we get to eat all the leftovers the judges dont eat from the 65 contestants..yumm I love BBQ..and I wonder why my hips keep getting bigger!!!...Judy

Comments (4)

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

so sorry for you to miss him him what a treat that would have been. I cancelled my Dish so I no longer get HGTV as a matter of fact only about 3 channels but i can watch his reruns on the computer!

• jitterbug4756
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Golden,they CANCELED his show on HGTV..when he came last year he told us they were going to...said their "demograpics" showed people didnt want to see gardening shows like that, wanted to see full lanscaping shows or house remoldeling shows so they were taking most of the garden shows & craft shows out?????? WHATTTT??, and I have noticed lately its all house hunters & remodeling, which I like the remodeling and I dont have the etra expanded cable so I cant see the dyi, & extra channnels...In so addicted to TV right now in my off time I NEED to cancel my cable to get my butt outside...but weve been so busy & my legs & feet are so sore when I get home I just want to sit on the bed & watch TV & relax til the next few hours to go back in!!! I sure dont have the energy & the ability to bounce back like I was when I was younger!!!! I envy you the ability to tend that beautiful garden of yours. You have some beautiful specimens. As afellow MG I apreciate how hard you're working and the wonderful diversity of your garden.. just...stunning... Judy

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

Oh if you only knew. I have 3 herniated discs and plantar fascitis so some mornings I am miserable.Fortunately my back pain is when I sit or lay so I am trying to stay upright.but my feet are unbearable in the morning til Ive taken about 50 steps then Im ok but if I sit too long,look out. I am contemplating spinal decompression but insurance wont pay the $4,000.They will pay the $69,000 it would cost for back surgery!STUPID!
    I also heard they can shoot your feet with botox for temporary help in the feet.all it takes is money money money.
    I loved the little clips Paul James did. It kept me interested and I loved his kids on it too.I loved his visits with the junk guy and the different gardens.
    I am finding the library to be my best buddy now and am reading garden and craft books and mags I get their instead of watching TV.Also visiting all the Botanical Gardens for ideas. If you buy one years membership it generally covers all of them.Our summers are so hot sometimes you have to stay in. It was 104 yesterday,a record!But we visited Butterfly world and Mounts Botanical garden anyway!

• tennesseetrash
    14 years ago

Paul James' show was the best one on HGTV. They had reduced its' airing to Sunday mornings at 7:30am. Jitterbug's right, all you get is design or home value/staging shows now. What gardening they do have is design work, not good ol common sense stuff like Paul James offered. Like Hollywood and Nashville got ruined too, it's mainly about hunks and hunkettes, and not content! Ugh!

Maybe Paul James can end up on PBS, that might be even better. I love his family and pets too. Was sorry when his dog Maggie died. His Dad is from TN, and maybe that's why I enjoy his sense of humor so much. His show is so entertaining to me.

HGTV seems to forget that the G in their logo is for Gardening!

Too bad he's not coming, Judy, I know you're disappointed. ~tenderlee