SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seaecho1

Argggggh. . .How many fertilizers do I need???

seaecho1
13 years ago

Major confusion here. I had about half a dozen different kinds of fertilizer, and realized recently that they are all at least several years old. Started wondering how long they should be expected to last, and Googled it. Sure enough, they were probably all no good! Long story short, I decided to throw them all away and get new. My dilemma: I have over 100 houseplants of all types. Dracaenas to spiders, to cactus & succs to pothos, philos, begonias, shefs, crotons, gesneriads (no AVs), acalyphas, hoya, Boston fern, clivia, anthyrium, orchids, epis and a few stapeliads.

The fertilizers I had were Osmocote, Peter's 20-20-20, orchid bloom booster, Epiphytes Delight, Miracle Gro Houseplant, bone meal, and Gro Mor Orchid growth formula. I did read that Osmocote keeps longer, so I kept it.

My question is, do I need to buy all of these again? Or can I buy just one or two or three types and have it work for all my houseplants? I bought Schultz Plus 10-15-10 the other day, but don't know what else to get. I don't want to spend a fortune just on fertilizer! Thanks!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz