SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvs2click

Starting to panic

luvs2click
11 years ago

Just counted and I have over 70 containers to get planted up for my show June 9-10. (fairy gardens, etc) not including the 15 or so I've already got planted. Didn't realize I had so many. Yesterday I got holes punched in all of them and got a 1/2 yard of screened topsoil and started mixing my potting soil with it right in the back of the truck. Happy to say I got MOST of the containers filled with dirt anyway. Today I head to the greenhouse and spend a fortune on plants and then plant til the cows come home all next week. They really need time to get growing. I can use smaller plants (cheaper) if I get them planted early and also use cuttings from my own garden. The containers range in size from a small 8" enamel basin to large washtubs and a full sized vintage wagon. I try not to think too far ahead or its overwhelming. Hubby tries to keep me focused, saying "just take one day at a time". Every year I think I'm not doing this again, but then I go to the show and do fantastic and the dollar signs get the best of me. Then again, I don't think I've ever had a job that was quite as much fun! (or ever worked so hard for that matter if truth were told). The timing is just bad - right at the time when I am dividing my perennials and trying to get my beds cleaned up and mulched - busy time in the garden! I was hoping putting my thoughts down "in writing" might help calm me down! We'll see if it works!

Arlene

Comments (13)