SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katheryniridaceae

sansevieria formula for growth? Liquid kelp?

KatherynIridaceae
10 years ago

I have a question about the growth rate of this plant.
What I'm working with:

I have two sansevieria plants, one is mature with the tallest leaves being about three and a half feet tall, this one I got from a friend who fertilized it frequently with water straight from her fish tank, the plant is several years old.at least a decade. t's happy and healthy enough to have bloomed for me more than once.

my other sansevieria is much younger, has maybe 6-10 leaves at about 7-8 inches in length. the pot it is in is considerably wider than the plant but not TOO much deeper. I fertilize with a little bayer 3-in-1 (once or twice a season cause i have scale issues)
Now I don't expect it to bloom for a good long while BUT I would like to get it to the same height as my mature plant as quickly as I can. I don't have major expectations but it's only grown an inch and a half in five months. Surely I can speed it along.

Other than increasing the heat and humidity which I do for my other plant seasonally. I was thinking liquid kelp might help it along, along with a pot somewhat deeper than the one it is in.

Has anyone had success with a soil, pot, fertilizer, environment combo that in particular, helped the little thing shoot up at a faster rate than mine is currently growing

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County