SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sheeshshe1

Any way to save my peach tree?

sheeshshe1
12 years ago

I'm wondering if its a lost cause and there is just no way to save it at this point. I purchased the tree last spring, and it was growing quite lovely all summer. It performed the best out of all the trees I planted (2 apples, a plum, and a pear... my neighbor also has a bear that I'm cross pollinating with). The peach tree just grew so nice and looked awesome.

This spring I couldn't wait to see it as I love the leaves on this cute tree. It started budding and it looked as though the leaves were going to poke through. We then got nearly a month of rain. and cool temps (high 40's and 50's with the occasional 60*, but mostly cold and wet). Meanwhile it was well into May. My other trees leafed out just fine. the peach did not. the little leaf buds got fuzzy and white and that was that. My neighbors peach trees had leaves on them and I started to question what was going on. Finally we got some sun and heat and it came on really fast. it went from 48* to 89* in a matter of 2 or 3 days. since then its been hot an sunny. the leaves on a few buds started poking through and then shriveled up and died. :( at this point it looks like its dead. I'm sure its not dead dead, but IDk if there is anything at all I can do for it at this point or if it is just completely doomed. Anyone know the answer? is there anything I can do for it? thank you for your time :)

Comments (12)