SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smickerdoodle

Has Spring Sprung?

smickerdoodle
15 years ago

It has been a rough time around here this past month. The stress from mailcount at work sent my kindeys into a tizzy. It has been a month of not feeling well and a lot of pain. This past Thursday I went in for routine tests and monthly shot. I left the office very scared and without the shot. My blood tests showed a very elevated white blood cell count. I had to go in on Friday after work for a lot more tests. The doctor brought up the dreaded word...Cancer. She was afraid that the cancer had come back in my kidneys. Last night was one of the longest of my life. I called Chris to tell him and to cry on his shoulder. He was ready to hop the next flight home last night. I told him to wait until we knew what was going on. This morning at about 10 am, my doctor called with some of my test results. She had put a rush on them so that she wouldn't have to wait til Monday for the results. The news was good. No cancer. My white cell count was a result of a couple of things. I have a serious kidney infection....but nothing that an antibiotic won't take care of. I am also fighting the flu...just haven't developed the symptoms...and my body is rejecting the base of the shot that they give me each month. It is the fluid that they float the enzyme in that I have to have to keep my kidneys going. They aren't sure what is going to be the perfect solution for this one yet, but they are going to try to withdraw some of my blood and put the enzyme into that and then give me the blood back. Since it wasnt't the actual enzyme that I had the reaction to, they think this will be the best solution.

I'm not sure if it was the beautiful sunshine today, the sound of the birds chirping outside my bedroom window, or the doctor's news, but I got up with a lot of energy and accomplished a lot...

It was a gorgeous day here in Michigan today! The sun was shining and it was actually warm enough to start working in the garden. Obviously it is too early to plant anything outside here yet, but I still got a lot done. I put all of my teacup feeders out and filled them. I also made sure that the feeder that has been out all winter was full. Everywhere I went in the garden, the birds were darting away. They were truely enjoying the free dinner and the water. After that I placed all of my plate flowers in the garden. They are the only color out there yet. It made the garden a little more cheerful. I wanted to put my totems out but haven't decided where I want them yet. I can't remember where I have plants and don't want to set them on anything. I will wait til things start to green up out there before I set those in place.

I also mixed some quickcrete and filled a bunny shaped mold. Hopefully I will be able to paint it and tuck it in the garden. I also put some glass into the kiln. If all works well with that, it will turn into a butterfly feeder. After all of that I came into the house and pulled out some glass pieces that I hope to build a bird bath with. I couldn't get to it today because I didn't have any GE II. I will have to go tomorrow to get some of that. I have had spring fever for a while now. Today was just what I needed. It was a good day.

~Micki~

Comments (12)