SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

Join the Fun! Summer junk exchange Guidelines.

kirkus
15 years ago

GARDYLOO! (As Susiewantsroses says, that expression means a cry formerly used in Scotland to warn pedestrians when 'slops' were about to be thrown from an upstairs window. Modern translation - YOO-HOO, I'm throwing my "junk" out. Here it comes!!!!) For those who wish, this can be our summer gift exchange greeting!

ItÂs time to gear up for our Garden Junk summer gift exchange, THE SUMMER JUNK JAMBOREE (winning title by toomuchglass)! My wife Carol and I organized the Garden Junk Secret Santa Exchange for the past two years and are organizing this summer exchange as well. WonÂt it be fun to receive a gift from a Junking friend to use right away in your gardens? If you would like to join in on the FUN, please be COMMITTED to the following guidelines:

1. In order to participate in the Garden Junk Secret Santa Exchange, you MUST be someone who has posted on the Garden Junk forum in the past or currently.

2. Then, go to MY PAGE (above) and send us an e-mail by Friday, May 1st. (PLEASE NO LATE PARTICIPANTS.) Include the following information in the e-mail you send to us:

a. "SUMMER JUNK JAMBOREE" in the subject line of the e-mail you send to us.

b. Your Garden Web name

c. Your name and address

d. The e-mail address where we can e-mail you the person for whom you are to buy a gift for.

e. State your Garden Junk Tastes: For example: rustic treasuresÂ

(Please know that being a teacher, I understand the importance of being confidential and will share your information with no one.)

3. Find a garden "treasure" from a garage sale, thrift store, etc. for a Garden Junk friend. Spend $10 OR LESS on the item. (DonÂt feel like you have to spend $10. Garden Web junkers have been known to find free items! It might also be a treasure that you have around the house which you intended to put to good use but never have!) If you feel crafty, you could even make something! Wrap the item if you choose and send it to the personÂs name you receive.

4. Be COMMITTED to mail the item by Wednesday, July 1st. ALL PRESENTS SHOULD BE RECEIVED BY WEDNESDAY, JULY 15th.

5. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT COMMITMENTÂ Now raise your right hand and repeat after us, "I PROMISE to post a picture and/or thank you on the CONVERSATIONS side of the forum once I open my gift." WeÂll start a post on July 1st where people can post pictures and/or thank youÂs. Unlike the Secret Santa Exchange, you may open your gift whenever you receive it so you can enjoy it right away in your gardens! :o)

We canÂt wait to start hearing from people! We will be e-mailing out Summer Junk Jamboree names the first week of May! You will be receiving a personÂs name and address at that time. That will give you 2 months to find the perfect gift! DoesnÂt this sound like fun?

GARDYLOO! Bear Hugs! Kirk and Carol

P.S. If you are willing to send a gift to another country, please let us know in your e-mail.

Comments (25)