SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smilesinthesprings

Blueberry plant needs help

smilesinthesprings
14 years ago

HI, I am new to this but here goes. My blueberry plant is doing the same thing only it also looks a little burned on the edges and some of them are rolling inward. I am trying hard to do blueberries. I planted them in a mix of peet moss, cocunut core, acified cottonburrs, and I added several handfuls of garden sulfur. I read all about the soil after I bought the stuff the nursery suggested. I did add a little mulch to help with drainage. Here it is windy and still cold out especially at night. What should I do? Last year I tried planting some in pots without researching anything. They died fairly quick. But these dont look like they are going to last long either. I did buy a ph tester but it doesnt seem to work because I know the ph of everything I put in that pot and its says the ph is around 6.5. Peet moss is 4.8 or so, the cottonburrs is around 4.8 and those were the two main components. Sulfur takes awhile to disolve so it shouldnt be too low yet. Any ideas would be very helpful. If the leaves were only the reddish brown color I wouldnt be too worried but the fact that they are curling inward isnt good. Also the new growth all looks burnt( that brown edged crispified look). I wonder if I didnt ruff up the roots enough. They have only been out there for around a week. Any body have any ideas? I read about the vinegar water which I am happy to try. I just dont want to kill them within a week!!

Comments (6)