SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
misohungry

Yellowing and browing on my Pakistani Mulberry

Misohungry
12 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I'm a fairly new gardener (~10 months now). Over the last 10 months, I've had pretty good luck with a variety of vegetables and trees. Last weekend, I moved my Pakistani Mulberry into a 45 gallon smart pot. The soil here is hard rock, so everyone I have is in pots.

I used mostly potting soil and homemade compost. I feed with liquid seaweed every other week, and with compost tea (also homemade) when I have enough for everyone. The tree is currently on a drip irrigation system. It is currently on 2 gallons per hour for 20 minutes, 15 minutes, and then 10 minutes spaced over a 12 hour period. It is getting up into the low 100's here now.

Yesterday, I noticed that the leaves were turning a bit yellow. Today, I noticed even more yellow leaves and browning! Photo here: http://instagr.am/p/E5-Oz/

I've searched the internet, but with no solid information about the Pakistani variety. Anyone have advice? Too much water? Too little water? Fungus? Some other stress?

I did just treat my tomatoes (just the early girls and celebrities) with neem oil for fungus. The other tomatoes were unaffected. The closest trees next to my mulberry are a celeste fig, Mexican lime, and Mandarin orange. They all seem to be doing fine.

Thanks in advance.

Jennie

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo of leaves.

Comments (3)