SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kirkus_gw

SLEEP Home Remedies

kirkus
15 years ago

Hi everyone! I need your help. Every night for the past month, I have been waking up about 2 a.m. I stay awake for quite some time after that. It's okay on weekends, but on weekdays, it's a killer as I'm sooo exhausted the next day.

So, I was wondering...what are your home remedies for sleep. I don't want to try pills. I've tried natural remedies. What do you suggest? I need sleep. Please help.

Bear Hugs! Kirk ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comments (30)

• nanagrandma
    15 years ago

KIrk, I have trouble sleeping too. Things I have tried are Celestial Cammolle Tea, I think they even have a Sleeptime tea. A hot shower, borrow some of Carols shower gels or bath crystals, than Have Carol give you a back massage and/or go to chiropractor. Those are the things that have helped me, but when all else failed I took Ambien CR now that works :)
    Turn out lights
    Do not read
    lay quietly
    and talk your various bady part into relations( I mean relaxation) giggle giggle,
    I always start with
    Toes you are relaxed
    right foot you are relaxed
    all the way up my body, I do not speak aloud I say it in my mind.

Hope this helps don't forget soft music using your headphones and cdplayer. Good Luck

• concretenprimroses
    15 years ago

When I went to the gym for a while, the director there swore by melatonin. I got some at the health food store, you disolve a tablet under your tongue. I got it for dh but he never used it, so I can't speak from personal experience. When I wake up at 2am I'm worried about something. I hope you and Carol and your family are all well.
    kathy

• Related Discussions

home remedy for kittens with ringworm

Q

Comments (61)
    I have come up with a wonderful cure for cats with ringworm (and I'm sure it's safe for kitties too). First, let me give you a back story or scroll down to read what I have been doing to get rid of ringworm on my cat. I noticed the first lesion about 3 weeks ago. I was unaware it was ringworm at the time. It looked similar to what could have been a bite from another animal. She is an indoor cat BUT we do have a pesky little mouse so that was just my first thought. About a week later she had another lesion on her back and I noticed her first lesion was expanding and very red. The new lesion was red and shiny. That's when I did my research and figured out it was most likely ringworm. I kind of wanted to just ignore the whole situation because it made me uncomfortable. I went into denial and told myself it would just go away. I was wrong. I ended up finding a small spot on my stomach a few days later. This really put me in a panic and that's when I decided I had to treat this WITHOUT going to the vet. Vets can be very beneficial for many things, but not for ringworm . Ringworm is completely treatable and is not as serious as it may sound. It does not harm your cat or make your cat sick. It is more of just a pain in the ass. Your vet will most likely charge you over 200 for a diagnosis and "testing", and another 200 for medication and follow-ups. Who even knows, but that vet bill will come out to be over $400 for something that is completely treatable at home. So as of today, my cat is healing. The lesions are turning into a pale grey, the color of her fur, which I am assuming is the natural color of her skin. The lesions are not spreading or growing. We sprayed the house down with bleach and washed our cloths in apple cider vinegar and/or aloe vera. (Both can be found at walmart...ACV= $2. Aloe=$8. ) CURE RINGWORM ON YOUR KITTY FOR LESS THAN $10 !!! CLEAN THE &*#T OUT OF YOUR HOUSE. SERIOUSLY.....EVERYTHING. Spray furniture with apple cider vinegar mixed with aloe vera. Doesn't smell and it won't ruin anything. 1. apply aloe vera to kittys lesions 5-6 times a day. Hold kitty or distract them before they can start licking. Let it soak in for 1-2 minutes before you let them start licking. 2. Give them a bath at some point. Mix over the counter cat shampoo with aloe vera. Use lots and lots of aloe vera, and just a little shampoo. 3. Spray a mixture of aloe vera/apple cider vinegar/water on your cats lesions and under their nails. Spray it in their ears...on their butt...everywhere...6-10 times a day. And use this spray on your furniture and clothing. Use it everywhere. Hope that helps. I didn't see results for about a week with my cat. She is doing a lot better but we still don't let her in our room or on the bed. And we still are cleaning and bleaching consistantly. Oh yeah and for my ringworm..... had to put bleach on it. I don't recommend this but nothing else worked. It was my last resort but it does work. Also, I have been washing my hair and body in aloe vera. All seems to be helping. My boyfriend has not gotten a single lesion and mine has not spread anywhere else. make sure you still treat your kittys ringworm even after weeks that it has completely healed. I will be doing the same routine to my cat for about 2 months after her ringworm goes away. I'll do baths every 2 weeks.
    ...See More

cracked heels-home remedy

Q

Comments (65)
    I sliced my foot open a while back and I found using just plain old vegetable oil and then using a gallon zip bag. You have to first understand that your feet have NO oiling mechanism like the rest of your body.......they simply depend on sweat to moisturize. The worst thing you can do is go barefoot and take super hot showers!! I learned quite a bit about feet as we have had so many family members with diabetes and foot issues that coincide. Now I soak my feet in lemon juice and water for half an hour-warm water, then apply a coat of Flexitol Foot Balm, and I use the zip bags because you can zip it but it isn't strangling the leg and blood supply but it's enough to create plenty of moisture. This method has worked very well for me.
    ...See More

Natural remedies for sleep.

Q

Comments (3)
    I'd suggest Traditional Medicinals "Nighty Night", or Celestial Seasonings "Sleepy time" tea along with half of a 3 mg melatonin tab. Most pharmacies sell pill cutters. Other tips: No caffeinated beverages after 5 p.m.. They say that protein gives you energy (keeps you up) and carbs calm you down. Does she like pasta? Perhaps the last meal of the day could include spaghetti (or something along that line) or even a bowl of cereal. Milk/ice cream have Tryptophan. Same with turkey. Links that might be useful: www.melatoninsideeffects.org/determining-the-safe-melatonin-dosage/ www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/lifestyle-guide-11/natural-good-sleep-tips-on-melatonin-valerian www.askdrsears.com/topics/family-nutrition/foods-sleep/foods-help-you-sleep
    ...See More

Amazingly Simple Home Remedies.. Funny

Q

Comments (5)
    Priceless! Especially #6 and the thought for the day. I'll have to share these. Ron
    ...See More
  • Marlene Kindred
    15 years ago

Hey Kirk~

Sorry to hear you're not sleeping well, but it is understandable with all you and Carol have been going through. I haven't slept well in about four years, so believe me when I say I've tried it all. I can tell you what helps me. Turn off the TV at least a half hour before you to to bed. John and I get in the hot tub every night, but everyone doesn't have one I know, but we also have a cup of hot tea before bed. Make sure you're not in pain. I realized after a long time that was a good part of my problem. I have fibromyalgia and at night I was in pain, but didn't really realize it. I do have to take a pain pill every night or I would get no sleep. Melatonin also helps. I would recommend 5 mg. if you can find it. It's the natural chemical our bodies make. But, in your case, you might just need to give yourself a boost for a few nights to restart you body's natural sleep. Try taking one Benedryl (same as what's in Tylenol PM) before bed for a few nights and see if that helps. Often, once you are able to get some sleep, you are back on track. Happy ZZzzzzzzzz!

• jeannespines
    15 years ago

Kirk - I would guess "stress"...after all, you've been thru one heck of a winter so far! (and also, you are a 4th grade elementary school teacher with 26 kids!)

I've also learned a few things that help me ... when "stress" of life wants to keep me awake.

The computer, late at night, gets my head a-spinnin' ... so many ideas, so much to do, etc. etc. I love my computer & this GJ site...but right before bed, I have to limit myself. Being on my computer is a good thing, but stimulating!!!

Secondly, like susieroses said, no caffeine after noon...didn't use to bother...but has crept up as I've celebrated more birthdays.

Third, sometimes I am TOO TIRED when I go to bed...so that makes pain more noticeable (I'm not usually in alot of pain)...so I remember this wonderful gift that a friend brought me when I was in re-hab...and I think I've shared it on here before...I pray this prayer:

"Today I will polish the silver lining of my darkest clouds when the thunder is the loudest, and the waves crash most violently! Today I shall discipline myself to pray a prayer with at least ten sentences, each one beginning with "thank You."

Thank You, God, that I am alive!

Thank You that I have friends!

Thank You that I have the faith to see it through.

Thank You that there is help available for the problem,
    even though I see no solution to it today.

Thank You that there are people who love me and are
    praying for me!

That's right - keep at it. Make a list of ten thank-you
    sentences. In the process you will be polishing the silver lining of the dark clouds.

God can work miracles through His people whose hearts are broken in love."

Good luck, Kirk...lots of good ideas from your GJer friends...I know something will help! Jeanne S.

• luvs2click
    15 years ago

I agree with visiting a chiropractor. When I can't sleep, I know that it is time to have a treatment - whether I feel bad or not. Usually it is my neck out of place or something - a good cracking and I'm back to sleeping again.

I also wear ear plugs when I can't sleep, the supersoft variety. I think it's a psychological thing. I put in my plugs and I know it's time to drift off now.....

Other than that, I've used melatonin also, although I can't say it's worked miracles. Just have to try it and see.

Been there, done that! Hope you get some sleep soon. I am looking forward to sleeping this week - had my 14 mo. old grandson for the past week and he doesn't sleep well at all. I am getting tooooo old to get up 5 times a night!

Arlene

• garden2garden
    15 years ago

Jeanne, I like your thank you sentences, for any time of the day! I make myself think about all I do have instead of all I don't have. Not for sleep particularly, just feeling better in general.

As for sleep, Kirk, you might try some excersise, (I know you/ve been shoveling snow off the roof),but you might need physical activity that's not work. maybe to music. It can be very relaxing. Use some big cans or water jugs for hand weights if you dont have them and just run in place, and stretch all your muscles, you can get all tightened up in the wintertime. Laughing and silliness is good for clearingout the cobwebs. And don't forget to BREATHE. In through the nose to the count of 4. Hold it for 7. Push the old air out forcefully but steadily (wuush) through open lips to the count of 8. Do that at least 3 times.
    Drink something warm, read a book. Or just sit quietly by the fire, if you have one, or look out the window at the snow and just let the thoughts come and go. There's a reason you're awake and it's best not to fight it, it only gets worse when you are then worrying about the sleep you're not getting. It's true TV and PC can be more stimulating than helpful, when you have a work schedule to keep.

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

Like Marlene, my doctor also says to try Benedryl..in MY case, he says 3, and it works great. Don't lay awake making lists of things to do, or you should've done. Don't sleep on your left side, you shouldn't put extra pressure on your heart. Something else that works great is white noise...I use a tropical rainstorm CD, it's the one I prefer. There's also Thunder Storm, Ocean Waves...a lot of them.You can even get one with crickets and night sounds if that's what you prefer. Get a jar of dried lavender for your night stand, or lavender spray. And what was mentioned about the caffiene is true,too. Another thing, and you'll probably think this is crazy, but if you believe in spirits and you think they could be trying to tell you something every morning at 2am, set them straight and tell them they're not allowed to wake you or your family, you need your sleep. It won't hurt to try, all that will happen is you'll feel silly :D They can find a better way to get a message to you. We had the same problem at 3:15am, and it would wake up the whole house,turning on radios and tv's(we didn't leave them on all night back then)lights,something whispering our names in our ear, sitting next to us on the mattress, and the dogs were either afraid of it, or jumping on us while we laid down,growling at the walls. If you need a radio on, try a light music station ,or a station that plays something you don;t know the words to, or bores you :D

• princess_mimi
    15 years ago

I've had the same sleep problem Kirk. Turns out that I have sleep apnea. Weird since I'm not your typical candidate. You don't appear to be either but it couldn't hurt to discuss your sleep problems with your doctor. Sleep studies are easy (all you do is sleep) and most insurance will pay for it.

In the mean time I'd suggest Benjamin Frankilin's suggestion. It involves getting out of bed and letting your side cool down. Drink some camomile and then go back to bed. get comfortable, don't worry about sleeping and relax everything INCLUDING YOUR TOUNGE. Sounds weird but it works for me.

Good luck with it!

~~Mimi

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Kirk,

Something else occured to me after reading Sweet Kudzu's experience. I remember a sermon that was preached where the Pastor said he was being awakened during the night like you discribed. He put up with it for some time until one night he said, "I am here LORD. Whom do you want me to pray for?" Then someone would be shown to him and he would pray for them. Then the burden seemed to be lifted and he would go right back to sleep. This seemed to God to be the only time he could get the Pastors full attention.

A more earthly issue would be whether or not you are lacking in vitamin D. This is a big problem for folks that have long winters. My sister in Michigan got diagnosed with low vitamin D. That is why I mentioned getting sun on your skin in my earlier post.

I use milk and a non sugar cereal some nights to fill my tummy and give me that 'contented baby' feeling. Calcium is supposed to make you drowsy. Turkey is also supposed to make you drowsy because of it's triptophan (sp?).

Another Spiritual thought kind of like Kudzu's was a story about an evangelist. He was being awakened and one night he saw an appearision. He said "Oh Satan, It's only you. Get out in Jesus' Name". Then he turned over and went back to sleep. He saw it as a tormenting Spirit and took authority over it. He was called a great man of faith as it were. His example is supposed to teach us that we have the dominant position when it comes to troubling spirits.

It doesn't hurt to explore both physical and spiritual causes.

Susie

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

Oh Mr Kirk:
    sorry 'bout the lack of sleep ! ! !
    I do understand... have to toooooo sometimes...
    and
    I agreeeeeee with Ms Susie Rose...
    Do that PRAY for someone and
    for true do that .... GET OUT SATAN thing !!!!
    ** the Poem Ms Jeanne gave is WONDERFUL !!!
    The
    tips from Ms Princess Mimi and the Loves2Click
    Ms Arlene are GRRRRRRRRREAT ALSO....
    take thoughts to all these great tips...
    and ideas....
    and also the rest of the GJers advice !!!

*** My tip: HALT !
    Don't
    get tooooooooooooooooo
    H ~hungry
    A ~angry
    L ~lonely or
    T ~Tired ! ! !

Drink Lots of Water... Make Sure it is dark /or
    wear a little sleep mask/ or bandanna or even a
    stocking cap over the eyes...

Get plenty of those Vitamins B12/ D/ Calcium etc...

Breath good.... and sniff the Sleep stuff
    Lavender & ORIGINS makes the special
    SSSSLEEP ingredients spray ! I Must have it I Love it...........

Think Sweet DREAMY Thoughts....
    Not " LIST OF THINGS TO DO ! ! !"

R * E * L * A * X * ! ! ! I know that is a hard word
    for you Mr Kirk !!! tee hee

Remember This too shall pass ! ! !
    & ONE DAY AT A TIME>>>>>
    and in this case ONE NITE @ A TIME ! ! ! !

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

*** alternative: Start writing that BOOK ! ! !

Love Ya Bunches ! Ole Bossy Momma SusieSunshine TAKE CARE OF ((((((((((((((((YOU ))))))))))))))) we all need you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Maybe it is as simple as getting up, stepping on cold floor,(place slippers handy) & getting chilled (put bathrobe on if going to bathroom. Is your heat turned way down at night? Could be you just get chilled & need to prevent that! Well, I think all the Drs. on this forum have covered sleep!! Oh, I had friends that had peppermint tea each night about 1 hr before bed (so you get rid of most of it before you go to bed )That might work! DR. Jan signing off (I've got the right handwriting for 1)LOL

• tennesseetrash
    15 years ago

All good advice from previous posters. I've had sleep issues since Mental-Paws (I think that's how Susierose spelled it lol) first began.

I went thru a spell of not being able to get to sleep when I was still working about 10 years ago. The clock would turn 1,2,3am and I had to get up at 6am! Part of that turned out to be stress related apparently, because I did have a lot on my plate at the time, the other part due to hormones I guess.

Then came the next phase, the one I'm in right now. I can go to sleep usually okay (except for tonight, I had a cortisone injection today and I think it hyped me up). The problem now is staying asleep. I begin waking up anywhere after 2am, and get up between 4 and 6am every day usually. Pain control issues are part of the problem, I'm not sure about the rest.

I do take Benedryl every night, it only helps me for about 3 or 4 hours, sometimes I take a 2nd one, doctor says it's safe. They're reluctant to prescribe sleep meds these days, I guess because of the risk of dependence. But it'd be nice to have something on hand to take occassionally. Oh for a really good nights sleep again someday!

I agree that being at the computer, watching TV, etc can be a stimulant, but after just so much tossing and turning, some nights I'd go crazy (crazier!) without the internet. TV's too boring. At least I can come here.

When I was a kid, my Dad tucked me into bed every night. If I wasn't ready to go to sleep yet, he taught me to do this self hypnotic deep relaxation thing ... He said to first concentrate on my toes being relaxed ... as relaxed as they have ever been. Then s-l-o-w-l-y onto the feet with the same routine, then the ankles, and so on, you get the idea. By the time I got to my head, I was ready for the sandman. And my Dad had long since left my room, knowing I was starting to drift off in the early stages. I need to start trying that again now, haven't thought about it in a long time.

Hugs and good luck with the sleep issues! ~tenderlee

• akup_a
    15 years ago

I use lavender to keep me sleeping. I put lavender oil around the eyes every night and a lavender spray on the linens. It puts me into that deep sleep where I feel rested in the mornings.
    Hope you're sleeping better these days.
    Vickie

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

Well, I can certainly relate to this one! By the time I've slept through the good TV shows, and get to bed, it's sometimes pretty hard to get back to sleep. LOL Too much to think about...now that I'm all rested up!

Okay...now I'll be serious. (Well...actually...that was pretty serious! LOL) There are many times I just have too many things to worry about and/or too much pain which makes deep sleep difficult. During the summer, I get up and get on the computer, but during the winter, I turn the furnace down at night, and it's too darned cold in here to crawl out from under the quilts.

I have found drinking "cold" milk makes me sleepy. Used to be they said warm milk, now they say warming destroys the chemical that makes you sleepy. Then I crawl back under the warm covers and read. Reading never fails for me! Sometimes, I read the same paragraphs several nights in a row. By the time I find where I left off...I fall asleep, drop my book, lose my place and have to start all over again the next night! LOL

Sometimes I want to smack DH...who falls asleep before his head even hits the pillow!! It ain't fair!!

Then there are the days...I'm so darned tired in the afternoon I have coffee or chocolate to wake me up. It rarely works...I have no idea why I keep trying it! However, about 3 or 4 AM...my eyes pop open, and I'm wide awake!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

I hate when I can't sleep at night and feel like a wet noodle all the next day!!

I like the lavender. Might have to try that!

~Sandy~

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

Kirk hasn't responded yet because he is asleep with his head laying on the Z key of his computer!!! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Sh-h-h-h-h-h-h,

Susie

• susiesunshine
    15 years ago

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    * T * H * A * T * S ~~~ a Good 1 Ms SusieRose !!!!!

& with that Belly Laugh....
    I'll say Lavender Blue...and Belly Laughs R
    Very Healing for ((((( Y O U ))))) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LUV this Place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    God Bless !
    SusieSunshine
    ( me with my nite cap on my head....
    *********** Not the nite cap in a glass !!!! HO HO HO

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Wish I had some suggestions...
    I need them!! LOL I don't even know what real sleep is any more. Its around 5am before I'm actually in a good, deep sleep, and the dang alarm goes off a couple of hours later and ruins everything.
    If I didn't have my Dad to take care of, as well as the dogs to feed, I'd probably get some decent sleep with NO clock disturbing me. Meanwhile I HATE mornings. And late afternoons for that matter. LOL. I'm so drowsy around 4 or 5, that I feel I could lay down and pass out, but I have to cook supper. Then when I want to go to bed at night, I'm wide awake till all hours. I'm on here, TV is on, I read some. Mostly I just wish I could get some sleep tho.
    sigh.

Hope your sleep habits return to normal, Kirk. We need you bright-eyed and bushy tailed, LOL.
    hugs, Karen

• kirkus
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I REALLY appreciate your suggestions. (I realize now that I (we) have been under a great deal of stress. I stay pretty low-key about things but I think I have been internalizing it all.) I have slept soundly for the last 3 days...FINALLY! (I hope I don't jinks it! LOL) I exercised each night, took a warm bath, and tried Melatonin...Carol happened to have some in the cupboard for herself when she couldn't sleep awhile back. I've been avoiding TV and the computer right before I go to sleep...this is hard because the family is all asleep and then I usually go on the computer. BUT...I've been sleeping! I haven't slept through the night like this in quite awhile. Oh, and Jeanne, I've said your prayer along with my prayers. THANK YOU, EVERYONE! I'm going to print off this post because there are so many great ideas! Thanks for taking care of me! Love and Bear Hugs! Kirk ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• akup_a
    15 years ago

Bump
    Purplemoon: I feel for you with the care of your Dad. My Dad lived with us for the last five years of his life. The last two were the hardest. He had emphesema(sp) & couldn't even walk across his bedroom to the bath by himself. Then came the potty chair next to the bed.
    We tried to read to him when his eye sight started going but with his hearing loss we had to yell, so it wasn't really enjoyable.
    We made the mistake of giving him a bell to ring for emergencies & he rang it for every little thing. When my boys want to pick on me they threaten to get "the bell".
    And yet, we still didn't have enough time with Dad.
    Hope you can get some peaceful sleep soon.
    Vickie

• Purplemoon
    15 years ago

Thanks, Vickie. I'm sorry you had to go thru all that too.
    I lost my Mom to emphysema also. Terrible disease. I'm glad Dad doesn't have that along with his other issues.
    We have the potty chair next to the bed, tho most of the time he can get to the bathroom. I just have the constant worry of him falling. No bell, but a loud whistle that alerts us. I also keep my cell phone on, and he can call me from the house phone by his bed at any time day or night.
    We discovered that works good, especially if I'm in here in my den. His bedroom at other end of house. You'd think I could sleep at night, I walk a LOT during the day between him and the dogs, LOL.

There's never enough Time with our Dad's, you're right.
    hugs, Karen

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Just found out from GF in Wisc. That man on Ambien took the keys in middle of night & they found him frozen the next day- wonder if that is listed as side effect & that the keys should be hidden. Can you imagine getting on a freeway driving while you are asleep???? Or taking a boat out on water!! Wow!! Glad you are sleeping better Kirk!!Can't have our favorite teacher tired in a room full of kids!! You may be training a future president!!! Jan

• kudzukween
    15 years ago

I was taking Ambien for a few months. Until I began getting up and cooking, eating, smoking, carrying on conversations. It was a while before anyone realized I was sound asleep. My husband DID start hiding the car keys from me. I'm taking something else now when I need it.

• aka_strawberrygoat
    15 years ago

same thing with me...
    go to bed, hoping I can sleep through the night...no, most nights it's a wake up, every half hour, or 45 minutes, or less..I see the clock, try to sleep...
    it goes on through out the night.

before, I used to take a tablet of paper and a pen.
    push them under the pillow..
    if I woke up and had any thoughts, I'd pull it out and write it down..in the dark..it didn't matter if I had it correct or not, at least I had the idea written.
    that helped a lot.
    I had ideas for short stories, poems, things to build, things to paint, others to create with fabric, clay, rocks, or make garden ideas..
    and in the end, it didn't matter if I did any of it..
    I was just happy to have the idea written down and I could let go of it. I could read it in the morning, cuz I had it in print, or scribbled...

it was my doctor who suggested it...
    he had 7 kids and his best time to study or write his papers, was after the kids were in bed..if he was tired but couldn't sleep, he would do that type of reading and writing.
    it worked for him, so he suggested it to me. back then, I had most of my kids still at home, too young to get themselves ready for bed..
    I was exhausted...and that idea worked!

dang, and lately I haven't been able to sleep through the night...so, thankyou, thankyou for asking for advice.
    I can take my own advice now and go ahead and get to bed..I have paper and pen right here, next to the computer....I sure wish I had remembered this, weeks ago! geez..........

nightee nite...............

Becky ;(*_*);

• lindasewandsew
    15 years ago

Here's a time tested sleep remedy.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sleep Remedy

• akup_a
    15 years ago

lindasew&sew: that's my remedy for everything! It made me smile, thanks
    Vickie

• use2bcapecodr
    15 years ago

I have kept a note pad and pen next to the bed for notes in the middle of the night for years. It really does help you to leave your ideas or worries for morning.

One problem though...it's difficult to write when you can't see what you're writing, and sometimes it takes me a long time to figure out what the heck I wrote!!

~Sandy~

• susiewantsroses
    15 years ago

OK, I woke up last night thinking about the BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY ??????????????????????????? It might mean that I'm supposed to write the Queen Mum a letter. LOL It might mean that I miss my own Mom. It might mean that I am supposed to switch to English tea instead of FOLGERS!!!!!

The night before last I woke up thinking about dating a man with a handle bar mustache and a straw hat. And then there was the goat in the soup turene. You dont even want to know that one. Then there was the night with the fire place matches on the milk truck.

If I wrote my middle of the night thoughts down my Hubs would have me locked up.

But I know that ya'll wont tell.

Susie

• ggks
    14 years ago

I read all the suggestions for sleep.
    This is what I do every night. While counting out our vitamines for the next day I take a Calcium pill. This is about 1- 2 hours before bed time. I always say my prayers while laying in bed cause it hurts my knees when I kneel down. Puts me to sleep almost as soon as my head hits the pillow. If, for any reason I cannot sleep I go into the front room, stretch out in the recliner and rest until hubby is ready to go to bed. Works every time. ggks

• kirkus
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Back to not sleeping AGAIN...realize that it is definitely stress related this time... parent/teacher conferences coming up next week and we have our house on the market...have to keep our house ready every day. (This is difficult with a 9 year old and a 3 year old who both have LOTS of toys! LOL)

It has been soooo helpful to read through all of your old posts...

Thank you for your ideas and suggestions...now to try to get some sleep... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Bear Hugs! Kirk

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor