SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaunuolis

Newly bought Kentia Palm dying , Help !

jaunuolis
11 years ago

Hello my dear gardeners,
I have bought my Kentia palm just a couple of weeks ago, and it seems that it is already dying ... I hope it is not too late to save it .. It is my second Kentia, as I had previous one which died after 4 years. So it looks for me as if this is the only plant that I don't know how to take care of .. I have a lot of plants at home, even some exotic ones, and they all doing just fine.

I hope pictures that I have attached will help to indicate the problem. I do not know weather that's overwatering or underwatering .. Or the quality of water, or the position I have placed it in.. I am concerned about the quality of the water in my current house, and I have bought a filter recently, so I could use the best possible water for my plants. I am also thinking about repotting it into a bigger pot, where it will stay permanently. However I do not know if it won't be any worse. As you can see my palm is quite huge, in comparison to the pot that it came in .. I am thinking abot using soil mix of 5 parts bark,1 part peat, 1 part perlite.. Would that be any good ?

Please help,any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (15)