SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cateyanne

questions about corn

cateyanne
16 years ago

I impulsively grabbed an Indian corn plant at my local Lowes and planted in my garden between the tomatoes and peppers. I knew nothing about corn and just thought it would be fun to grow (maybe get some fall decorations out of it!) Well in reading the forums I have found I should not have planted it near my tomatoes, though so far no problems. I did recently discover that the top stalks and interiors are coated with what look like dead gnats. they are not alive, they are stuck all over the interiors. I washed them off with the hose. There is also a few spiders that have folded themselves up in the stalks. Are these related? Someone asked about this and another person suggested aphids? they look like gnats to me. Maybe a bigger problem is I have no corn growing on the stalk. My sister suggested it was because I only bought one plant. (I never thought about that)I originally thought it was because I bought it late in the season and it would just take longer. But there is no sign of corn yet. What gives with the corn? the stalk itself looks actually like three stalks together (I never thought to try to separate it as it was in one pot) I should have titled this post "I never thought" lol! Any thoughts from any of you?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Virginia Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars151 Reviews
Virginia's Award Winning One Stop Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Resource