SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nkimball_gw

ZZ plant question

nkimball
17 years ago

I just recently took over growing a ZZ plant for a friend. The main stalk is about 15". It has two other secondary stalks that are a bit shorter and one tiny one that has just popped up. A number of the leaves have started to turn yellow and even a little brown around the edges of a couple. The plant had been in a 6" pot and just tonight I seperated the two smaller stalks and put them in a seperate 8" pot and the larger stalk into an 8" pot. Then I started reading some of the other threads on this website. I definitely realize that I have been overwatering the plant and know that I need to cut way back on how much I was watering it. But I'm also starting to wonder about the potting soil I used. I used Miracle Gro Moisture Control potting soil. It has perlite in it and seems to be a mix of other sorts. It sounds like I should be using a very porous soil - I'm not sure if I've done that. Can anyone offer any thoughts? Do you need more information from me? I'm very new at this whole thing so anything is appreciated...

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH