SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprilw_gw

Making a shopping list....

AprilW
18 years ago

I had wanted to try hypertufa last year, and never did it. Now I need a large planter for outside. I have gone over the FAQS and tried some searches, and still have some questions.

I was going to try: 1 part portland cement, 1.5 part peat, 1.5 part perlite

-OR-

1 part premixed sand mix, 1 part peat moss, 1 part perlite

Depending on the supplies available at Home depot, or something else if I am on the wrong track for a large planter.

I am going to add mess fiber. Do I ask for that in the hardware store, or is there a brand name? Is this available at a hardware store?

If I am using boxes or plastic conatiners for molds and lining them with plastic bags, will vaselin make a release?

I saw "acrylic admix" mentioned in the FAQS, what exactly is it and do I need it?

"Accelerator" was mentioned in the glossery, but I am not finding any more on it.

If I end up using large boxes for the molds, would I need to reinforce them in some way?

WOuld I need to reinforce the hypertufa in a planter that is approx. 18 X 18 X 18 inches?

The exterior appearance doesn't matter,a s I am covering it in tile. I would like feet on this, or would a round base with drain holes towards the edge of the planter be better?

WOw, that was the longest post I have ever made.

April

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!