SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blewb

Blueberry plant leaf malody.

17 years ago

Howdy. I'm a college student and, unfortunately, I can't bring my blueberry plants up with me to college because of roommates and small dorm rooms and what not. And the lack of a window.

But all that aside, I noticed when I was down over spring break that one of my plants had purple splotches on the leaves. The newer leaves don't have them, just the 'older' leaves. Now older doesn't mean from last year, older just means they were the first to grow as the bush that's being afflicted died last year and a new one grew in it's place from the old root system I would assume. So they're all relatively new leaves.

Now I'm home for summer and noticed that the splotches are still there. Mind you the bush is a lot bigger now, and I haven't done anything adjustment wise to the soil or anything since spring break (my parents water them for me) so I'm starting to worry a bit about why they're there.

But I'm not sure what's causing the splotches on the leaves. They're fairly regular, there's a lot of them and they're pretty good size. Not every leaf is affected, though, and they're primarily on the top side of the leaf though some are on the bottom side (though that may just be a top side splotch showing through).

Is this a deficiency of some kind? I was thinking maybe an iron deficiency or something. My pH for the soil is right at 4.5 so it's not that it can't take up the nutrients (or I don't think it is) so I'm hoping it's a deficiency and not a pest.

Any ideas?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022