SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stylin_gw

Newbie: Color and Stamp fresh concrete - products & steps pls

stylin
17 years ago

Hi All,

This is my 1st post - if in wrong forum, pls let me know.

I am in NYC, so subject to all seasons. I am getting a large area of my (apt) garden filled with concrete. The company I'm using does not premix color and do not do stamping, but they are great to work with and will attempt to assist me with the process where possible. So for my coloring and stamping needs I'll be left to my own devices with them giving me a hand as needed. The job starts this Thurs. and I(they) can work with the cement while it's wet. I'd preferred to use a green color, and any simple diy stamp design. I'm not picky, so any color will do, but the space is long and narrow, so I'd like to stick with something light (or the green to make up for lack of lawn and flowers).

I've much of the archives but am still left confused. My resources are limited to Lowes and H Depot. I need to be walked through this like a 3 yr old...

(some)My questions are:

-What kind (brand) of concrete paint/stain do I need?

-When exactly after the laying concrete process is it applied?

-Will I require a sealer? If so what brand/type? When to apply?

-I have not been able to find a stamping tool to rent. Is there a method to making my own? It's a very long narrow space, so I need something that will cover a large area...

Can quikrete walkmaker be used as a stamp in my situation?

- When/how do I apply the stamp?

- The cement guys said to wash down the concrete for 3 days straight after laying, and that no plastic would be needed. Is this correct? If not, what is best curing method?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm sure I've forgotten some, but all help would be appreciated.

Thanks much in advance!

PS: Oh! I have a pic of the area to be cemented.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:67831}}

Comments (19)

Sponsored