SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie_did

Mass Cane in Ill Health

katie_did
15 years ago

Hi,

I am having a problem with my dracaena massangeana plant. It hasn't been in the greatest health ever since I moved to my new home in Nov. 2006. During the move, it was exposed to freezing temperatures for about ten minutes. After about two weeks in the new house the leaves started turning very dark and dying off. I cut the bad leaves and nursed it back to health but it has never been as healthy as it was in the old house.

The problem now is that it is getting light yellow areas on the leaves which spread to the whole leaf and then brown appears where the yellow started... quickly the whole leaf is shriveled and brown. I thought I was overwatering or that it was getting a draft or not enough light so I moved it to a place where it is getting filtered east light in a warm room, bought a moisture meter and watered less.

I have uploaded some pictures to my flickr account if that will help diagnose. I really love this plant and have had it for about seven years. It even moved across the country with me about a year after I got it. I would hate to lose it!

Here is my flickr photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/9326243@N04/?saved=1

Thank you for your help!

Comments (8)