SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbrow156

Getting rid of scale and then planting them in the garden

sbrow156
11 years ago

Hi,
I have a couple of potted plants and they have scale. I have been spraying them and it doesnt seem to be getting any worse...all never leaves are free from scale also.. so I am hoping i have beat them at their game. (Though they were SEVERLY infested! Like the whole main stem was covered!! and on one plant nearly all the leaves had small to HUGE amount all over them.) Anyway I want to replant these plants in the garden and put different plants in the pots. I am worried for 3 reasons...

1. That the scale hasnt gone and that it will then infest all my other plants in my garden if i replant them there..

2. The pots have ants living in them (lots of them) (although they have started to dissapear since i have been spraying the plants to get rid of the scale) anyway im worried that the ants will transfer the scale somewhere else..

3. I want to reuse the pots but the potting mix will be no good anymore because of the scale? right? if i did reuse the pots would i have to scrub them down and chuck the current potting mix because of the scale maybe being in it?

Please give me some advice...how do i reuse my pots and plant these plants in the garden without being scared that scale will get everywhere? :S

Sarah

Comments (10)