SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vieja_gw

how to preserve green bush & yellow wax bush beans ....?

vieja_gw
13 years ago

I have a long row of green bush beans & another of yellow wax beans. Just picked the first 3 gal. bucket of them but now wonder how I can preserve them? In the past what beans I haven't used fresh x the garden I have given away but this year I'd like to freeze some of the surplus ( I don't want to get into canning again). I boil them for a meal but wonder how to freeze the rest? Cut them up & dunk them in boiling water for a spell & then freeze in bags? Hate to admit it but I really prefer the taste of the canned beans x the store... isn't that strange?! These two varieties also seem to be stringless.... yeah! I gave some of the string beans to a friend once (City gal) & asked later how she liked them? She said they were rather 'stringy'!! I said that was why they were called 'string beans' & the strings had to be removed first ! I also once showed her some of the wild dill that grows all over the garden .. she smelled it & said 'it smelled like pickles!' Yep, I told her- that is why they called them DILL pickles! Country people get a different education x City folks at times!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting