SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrclint_so_cal

DWN: Update to Tom's Low-Chill Favorites List

MrClint
13 years ago

Looks like the Dave Wilson Nursery site updated their low-chill favorites page back in February, and I didn't even notice it until now. It's now called "Tom's Top 21."

Snow Queen was not on Tom's first list, and I left it left off mine because the harvest period overlaps with Arctic Star, Beauty Plum, Royal Apricot and some Blueberries that I have. Any Snow Queen fans out there? Should I revisit this nectarine? I didn't find any patent info on this tree, so chances are it is safe to graft.

Spice Zee Necta-Plum was added to the new list as well. This one has some overlap with two of my favorites, Babcock Peach and Burgundy Plum. Is this one worth "shoe-horning" in to the mix? Spice Zee won't be off patent for another 10 years.

Emerald Drop and Splash Pluots were also added. These also have roughly the same overlap as Spice Zee, so I probably won't take a stab at either tree.

Peaches and nectarines are OK to overlap harvests a little bit because any overage makes for outstanding fruit leather.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz