SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrew052378

Have: Garlic - Wanted: other members of the onion family

andrew052378
14 years ago

Well, about 5 years ago, I bought some Hard-necked garlic from Territorial Seed Company, after being forgotten, neglected, etc. during that time. This year I noticed a bumper crop of bulbils on the plants (I tested them, and they sprouted quite well in a pot in my window sill and are growing magnificently) and still have a ton (probably a couple thousand bulbils) left over after using what I and my family wanted/needed. I am looking to trade some of my remaining stock for any of the items listed below, or if nothing pans out, will consider giving them away in return for a SASE. NOTE:these are NOT bulbs, and will take an extra year or so to produce, so you'll want to start them indoors immediately, in spring set the container outside in a protected space, and then plant them in fall, mulching the first year to protect them from any extreme cold weather.

I am looking for:NON-BULBING, BUNCHING ONION SEED (Lisbon, Tokyo Long, Evergreen Bunching, etc.); LEEK SEED (preferably Musselburgh Giant due to cold hardiness); YELLOW, WHITE, OR RED POTATO ONIONS; WHITE TOP-SETTING ONIONS (White Sweet Heritage or other); GARLIC (CHINESE) CHIVES; YELLOW OR RED DUTCH SHALLOTS; GREY SHALLOTS; FRENCH (RED) SHALLOT; RED BULBING ONION SEED (Any Long day variety); ANY SWEET ONION SEED (Walla Walla, Vidalia, etc.... again, long day variety due to Michigan climate...all ready have white and Yellow sweet Spanish); ALLIUM CERNUUM SEED (Nodding Onion) and ALLIUM TRICOCCUM SEED (Ramps or Wild Leek)

Comment (1)